Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Sunday, July 15, 2012
This is for Jobert since he was making fun of me for not finding "Dancing on My Own" sooner, but as I explained to him, I'm 35, and it's amazing that I'm even into something that isn't late 90s bar music.
Initially, I was going to post an angry review of the "Footloose" remake. I was so upset about it that I was actually going to blog about it, which as you know, I practically never do anymore unless it's to talk about my favorite actresses who play crazy people. Instead, I will leave you with a list of observations:
1) Dennis Quaid's skin looks like apricots a year past their sell date.
2) They added chocolate but somehow it's more vanilla than the original which was ALL WHITE.
3) How do you mess up, "I'm not even a virgin."
4) Now chicken racing with tractors seems much more believable.
5) "I miss John Lithgow," I was forced to say to the TV screen.
6) "I really miss Dianne Wiest [and that Lori actress, and Kevin Bacon!]," I said to the TV after I said the above.
My outrage (and it just keeps growing as I type this) come from the fact that the original "Footloose" actually made me believe it was possible that a gymnastics guy from the city could come to a small town and transform it through dance so that country people could realize their prom. And now it's like, that sounds completely stupid.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
...this Robyn song. Seriously, ALL DAY and into the night.
Saturday, June 09, 2012
I shall re-dub it: Awesome Pie.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Sometimes life gives you a break and makes it seem like you got something for free. But in actuality, you pay a monthly subscription fee.
PS. My first poached egg attempt went badly, but my second one was alright! And when I say alright, it really was just "okay."